The Government Information Network is dedicated to promoting and monitoring issues relating to the preservation of and access to government information. In our technological world this is becoming an increasingly important activity and we are glad that you have joined us in our mission.
Terms of Reference:
- To monitor issues relating to government publishing and the availability of government information.
- To provide a channel through which interested Canadian Library Association /Association canadienne des bibliothèques members can assist the Association, to advocate for government publications and information.
- To provide a forum where library workers can learn from one another or from experts in the field and can participate in other activities aimed at improving access to government information.
- To advocate for government librarianship and continued research and teaching in government information.
- Collaborate with other members, committees, networks, and the Executive of the Canadian Library Association /Association canadienne des bibliothèques.
Convenor: Caron Rollins
Government Publications Librarian | McPherson Library | University of Victoria
[T] 250-721-8566 [E] email@example.com
Co-moderator: Catherine McGoveran
Government information Librarian | Morisset Library | uOttawa
[T] 613-562-5800 x2725 [E] firstname.lastname@example.org